YOGA RETREAT HOLIDAY – TURKEY
1. Is the holiday happening? I’ve heard of retreats being cancelled before. Yes, the teacher(s) and their flights and the venue are booked.
2. I am a beginner, can I still go? Yes, we have a relaxed and welcoming experience. The teacher(s) are mindful of the level of abilities in the classes, they are experienced at offering alternative postures and specific coaching.
3. Can I drop into a yoga class? The classes are exclusive and available to those who have booked directly through us, so please do not book your accommodation separately. This is because we offer group holiday with a very enjoyable social life, not drop-in yoga.
4. What meals are included? We include meals on a half board basis, so breakfast and dinner, unless a specific night has not been included due to an external excursion. Food for external excursions will be payable locally.
5. What is the food like, can you cater for specific dietary requirements? The breakfast is a buffet-style, so you can choose to eat whatever you like. All meals are vegetarian & vegan. If you have any specific dietary requirements make sure you advise us at the time of booking, so we can cater for you. All food is organic home grown and / or locally sourced.
6. Are there different options to eat at the venue and buy refreshments? The guesthouse will provide meals on the specified nights. The guesthouse has a bar you can buy soft and acholic drinks from. There is a choice of restaurants within a 15minute walk. You can typically eat for about €20 per person, or more if you prefer.
7. I am a solo traveller is that ok? Most of our guests are solo travellers and they enjoy the social aspect of the holiday. There are planned activities these are optional so if you fancy some quiet time reading a book in the shade by the pool or going for a walk then that’s fine too.
8. Will I have to share a room? For this holiday it is based on room sharing, unless you ask to specifically share with one of your fellow travellers you will be allocated your room and companion when you arrive. All rooms have air conditioning, shower with WC and tea & coffee facilities.
9. Is there an opportunity to pay a single supplement, if so how much? Most of our guests minimise the higher cost for single occupancy and share. If you would like to pay for a single room the additional cost is £20 per night.
10. Can I extend my stay? Some travellers like to take the opportunity and make the most of exploring a different country and extend their stay. This depends on availability of rooms. During the extended stay there will not be any yoga classes to join. Please also check as you may also need to book your own transport to the airport.
11. What type of yoga will the classes be? Classes will be Hatha, Yin, Restorative yoga and some mediation. Please see the itinerary for more details.
12. Do I have to bring yoga mats or any equipment with me? You do need to bring your yoga mat, but there will be plenty of blocks and belts for the classes so all you need is some loose clothing for the class. We also recommend bringing sunblock you will be outdoors for some of the sessions and walks etc, it’s best to be careful.
13. What are the guesthouse check in and out times? Check in is at 3pm and check out is at 12pm but you are welcome to use the venue facilities if you arrive earlier or leave later. Late check-outs can be arranged.
14. Does the guesthouse have free wifi? Yes, details can be provided upon request at the venue.
15. Do I need to bring a towel for the pool/beach? Yes you will need to bring a towel for the pool and beach excursion. The towels are provided in the rooms, and it is requested those towels stay in the rooms.
16. Which is the closest airport? The closest airport is Dalaman which is about 45km, about 50 minutes away by car.
17. How do I get to and from the airport in Turkey? Airport transfers will be provided if you are traveling on the specified dates for the Turkey group holiday. Please let us know your flight details so we can confirm your transfer. If you are traveling outside of the specific dates airport transfers are running, you will need to arrange your own transfer.
18. Can I hire a car and do I need to? You do not need to hire a car because there is plenty to do during your holiday. Kaya koy has local amenities supermarket 15min drive restaurant is 15 minutes’ walk. If you would still like to hire a car we recommend you do this either at the time of your flight booking or with any of the major car hire companies.
19. What time should I book my return flight for, so I can enjoy the classes on the day of departure? We suggest you book your flight after 2pm so that you can have time for breakfast and yoga without having to rush. If you are returning with the group airport transfer, the departure time will be confirmed the day before your travel (if not before) and will allow you 2 hours check-in time at the airport.
20. What is the weather like? This historical statistic for Dalaman in June is 23oc, peaking at 29oc in the hottest part of the day. evenings drop to 17oc average. Days are long with 14 hours of sunlight, which is only occasionally interrupted by a short shower on around four days of the month.
21. What else is there to do in the area? Hill walking straight from the guest house, it the well-known Lycian Way, local market every Tuesday in the picturesque town of Fethiye and, Blue Lagoon National Park.
22. Where is the nearest ATM? If you need some cash (note the snacks etc at the venue can be paid for on departure using a card and local restaurants and shops take cards), there is an ATM in the local village, 15 minutes’ walk from the guesthouse.
23. Where is the nearest pharmacy? There is a pharmacy in 15 min walk.
24. Where is the nearest supermarket? 15 minutes’ walk from the venue. Open times available at the venue.
25. How do I book, how much is the deposit & when is the balance due? The deposit is £150 per person. This is non-refundable. Full balance is due 30th April 2018. If you book less than a month’s notice, then we would ask for the total payment in one go and your payment would be non-refundable.
26. What are the payment options? You can pay by direct bank transfer. You can also pay in instalments weekly or monthly by bank transfer, as long as the outstanding balance due is paid by 30th April 2018.
27. Can I change my dates? Please reference to the Booking Terms & Conditions.