YOGA RETREAT HOLIDAY
Booking Terms & Conditions
- On making a booking with Mantra Rooms, each person travelling must accept the terms of these Booking Conditions.
- A non-refundable deposit of £150 is immediately payable upon placing the booking and receipt of either an email or invoice from Mantra Rooms. The balance of the holiday price must be paid at least 5 weeks before your departure date. If the balance of the price of your holiday is not paid in time, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday retain your deposit and apply the Cancellation Charge set out in paragraph 4 below.
- For booking made within 5 weeks of the date of departure, the full payment will become due immediately upon verbal confirmation of the booking. Once payment has been made any subsequent cancellation will incur Cancellation Charges as set up in paragraph 4 below.
- Your booking is considered definite and a contract will exist between you and Mantra Rooms only when a letter of confirmation has been sent to you, either by way of letter in the post or email. No contract will exist between you and Mantra Rooms prior to Mantra Rooms issuing the confirmation letter or email.
- Mantra Rooms reserve the right to increase the prices published prior to the time that you book your holiday. Any increase in price will be advised to you before you book the holiday.
Mantra Rooms reserve the right to increase the price of your travel arrangements to allow for variations in transportation costs due, taxes, or fees chargeable for services and the exchange rate applicable to hour travel arrangements. No price increase will be made within 30 days of your departure date and in any event, Mantra Rooms will absorb any increase which equals 2% or less of the cost of your travel arrangements. If this means paying a surcharge of more than 10% on the previously confirmed and invoiced holiday price you will be entitled to cancel your holiday and we will refund you all money paid less any premium paid for insurance and any amendment charges.
Mantra Room Yoga Retreat holiday prices include accommodation, all meals, and all group yoga classes, unless stated differently in your booking confirmation letter or email.
Prices exclude flights, airport transfers (unless otherwise stated), travel insurances, tips, massage and excursions.
Cancellations by you
You may cancel your holiday at any time providing that the cancellation is made by the person submitting the booking form, (booking form can also be an email), and is confirmed in writing to the Mantra Rooms either by letter or email. Cancellation will take effect the day such notification is received by Mantra Rooms. As this incurs administrative costs, we will retain your deposit and, in addition, may apply cancellation changes up to the maximum shown below;
Cancellation Charge days before departure
70 days or more deposit only
30-69 days 75% of holiday cost
Less than 29 days 100% of holiday cost
Once your holiday has started, no refund or part refund or unused portion of your holiday will be repaid in the event of cancellation by you. If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of an Insurance Policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges. There will be no refund available from Mantra Rooms for your flight costs.
Cancellations by Mantra Rooms
Mantra Rooms reserves the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday, in which case we will offer a refund in full of all monies paid.
Amendments by Mantra rooms
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your holiday, we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, changes may have to be made (e.g. to itineraries, venue accommodation, yoga teacher or other Mantra Room representative or other arrangements), which we reserve the right to do at any time. Changes are normally minor, and we will advise you as soon as possible. If your accommodation has to be changed, we will do our utmost to provide accommodation of a similar rating. If a significate change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if thee is time before your departure. Should a significant change occur, then if it does not arise through circumstances amounting to force majeure (see below), you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund.
Compensation per person which may be due, for major changes, within the period before departure;
Up to 55 days Nil
54-30 days £10
29-15 days £20
14-1 days £30
Day of departure £40
6.1 Compensation payments will not apply if payment of your holiday has not been received by Mantra Rooms, by the stipulated payment date.
6.2 Compensation will not be paid if Mantra Rooms is forced to cancel or in ay way change your holiday due to war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, technical or maintenance problems with transport, or other circumstances which amount to force majeure.
Insurance & Health
You are responsible for your own Travel Insurance, and we strongly recommend that you have full cover for medical expenses and personal belongings.
We have arranged suitable public liability insurance that will cover you for all the activities we have arranged during your holiday. You need to have your own travel insurance and provide us with those details in case of an emergency. You should also check that your doctor that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake yoga classes and any other physical activity we have arranged, or you may arrange during your holiday. If you experience any injury or discomfort during any activity organised for you, then you must desist immediately and advise a Mantra Rooms representative accordingly.
All payments received for Mantra Rooms Yoga Retreat holidays are safely held in an escrow account, and only released once your holiday has commenced. Therefore, you can be sure that there is no financial risk to your payment for your Mantra Rooms Yoga Retreat holiday in accordance with our consumer protection obligations.
Once you have booked and paid for your flights directly with the appropriate airline, we accept no responsibility for any subsequent changes you may wish to make to your flights as depending on the airline, changes may not be possible. Thee will be no refunds made to you by us for flights you chose to cancel or not travel on.
When you travel with an airline, the conditions of carriage of that carrier apply, some of which may limit liability. Your airline will be responsible for your tickets and any delay or liability.
- We accept responsibility for ensuring that the holiday that you book wit us are supplied as described and that the services we are contractually obliged to provide are to a reasonable standard. We accept responsibility for the aces and/or omissions of our employees, agents and suppliers except where they lead to death, injury or illness (see below)
- We accept responsibility for death, injury or illness caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions for our employees or agents, together with our supplier and sub-contractors, servants and/or agents of the same whilst acting within the scope of, or in the course of their employment in the provision of your holiday. We will accordingly, pay to our client such damages as might have been awarded in such circumstances under English Law.
- Optional trips booked locally are not our responsibility. However please not the following;
There are risk inherent with any activity holiday and with physical exercise such as yoga. We strongly recommend that you consult your doctor before travel to advise on your ability to undertake strenuous exercise. You should make your doctor aware of any medical conditions which may affect your ability and comfort when undergoing vigorous exercise.
If you have a problem during your holiday please inform a member of our team immediately, who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint cannot be resolved locally, you must advise us in writing on your return. Please note that we cannot guarantee the proportion of males/females in any group and cannot be responsible for the individuals behaviour of any group member or other guest at your accommodation.
Passports, VISAS and Health requirements
You are responsible for ensuring that you have a valid passport and any necessary visas and any necessary or required inoculations or other health requirements.
Mantra Rooms Massage and Yoga (“Mantra Rooms”) owns and operates the ‘Mantra Rooms Yoga Retreats’. Mantra Rooms is a 48 Hiltingbury Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 4SS. All holidays advertised or promoted by us and third parties are sold subject to the Booking Conditions above. This contract is made on the terms of these Booking Conditions, which are governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.